Search This Blog

Saturday 8 July 2017

Springs of Life


I went to the river to bathe my soul
I sought the One who made me whole
I knew that He could give me rest
and I would put Him to the test.

He found me in that river wide
and He came closer to my side
for in His hands He held something
that could bring joy for my suffering.

From His pierced hands water flowed
and this water was with life endowed
He gave me some of this to drink
and it would change the way I think.

I never thirsted once again
after I drank from Him who was slain,
but I also emerged completely clean
when once I knew whom I had seen.

I now have waters welling up inside
like a torrential vibrant tide
since the Spirit came to live in me
so others can also drink freely.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys).

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment