Search This Blog

Saturday 15 July 2017

Renewal


I wonder if You would take my hand
and pull me up so I can stand,
and not let go, but keep Your hold
lest I should crumble down or fold.

While You’re at it, why not take my voice,
fill my mouth with words of Your choice
and take hold of my tempestuous tongue
so I can stop saying the things that are wrong.

Perhaps You’d be kind enough to take my heart
and cleanse it from things with which I can’t part
Would You then mind filling it up again
with the things that You care to maintain?

Perhaps Lord, You should simply take me whole,
to keep my wayward parts under Your control
and renew the thought patterns in my mind
so I will learn to love and to be kind.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys)

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment