Search This Blog

Thursday 6 July 2017

Fullness of time



As this morning breaks anew,
grasses covered in fresh dew,
birds are singing in the trees,
blooms are budding ‘tween the leaves.

My eyes rest on this splendour
as I think of my Deliverer,
and of Him coming on a cloud
to gather His beloved crowd.

Will that morning break like this,
filled with joy and peaceful bliss,
or will the storm clouds gather low
to bring the One that all should know?

Be it morning, noon, or night,
I would not wish to miss the sight
when God returns in His full might
to set the wrongs back to right.

I’ll meet Him up there in the sky
and join in the triumphant cry.
Of what awaits I’m ignorant,
I only know He is magnificent.

So, as morning breaks anew,
with grass covered in fresh dew,
I know the task that lies ahead;
I’ll speak life to those who are still dead.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys).

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment