Search This Blog

Friday 30 August 2019

Bible Journaling - Leviticus 19 & 20

In Leviticus 19, God lays down the law for the Israelites. Literally. It is a chapter filled with rules and regulations which they had to follow, on how to conduct themselves. This chapter is followed by one in which a list of punishments, for foreseen transgressions, are spelled out. I decided to label these two chapters together with the single word 'Purity.' I again use my die-cut machine to cut out the letters and then I stamp some decorations around it. I use a stamp pad to stamp the background and work throughout with a very limited palette. What makes these pages interesting, is that I actually made an error, which turned out much prettier than my original idea. I tell you more about this in the blog.


This is how these two chapters look in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I prepare the pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


My pages now look like this.


I colour the illustration in the left margin with Mingyun markers.


My pages now look like this.


I then use the stamp pad of an Adirondack Lights pad by Ranger to stamp the background.


I use this set of alphabet dies by Couture Creations to cut the lettering with.


This is where I make the mistake. I intended to put double-sided tape at the bottom of the blue cardboard, but inadvertently, stuck it to the right side of the cardboard.


I laid the lettering on the cutting plate and used masking tape to hold it in place.


Then I put it through my Go Cut & Emboss machine.


This is how the die-cut letters come out.


I realized my mistake and quickly cut another set of letters.


I now had two sets of letters cut out.


I pulled the double-sided tape's backing paper away and fixed the 'correct' set of letters to the page.


Then I glued their tops with Dala Craft Glue.


I had realized how pretty the white backing paper was and decided to use these 'wrong' sides of the letters anyway.


I then decided to use this set of stamps by Clear Stamps, as well as Ranger Archival Ink.


I decorate the empty margin surrounding the lettering.


I use a Chizzwick stamp mount to mount the stamps.


My completed pages.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/JSbQUBwQTU8


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment