Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 August 2019

Bible Journaling - Leviticus 13

Leviticus 13 deals with how the priests were to identify various skin diseases. As these could be contagious, it was necessary to quarentine an infected person until it could be established that they did not pose a risk of infection to the rest of the community. This could potentially be disastrous to a people who lived in such close proximity to each other, in such arid conditions. I decided to download a couple of pictures from the internet and then printed these on labels so that I could make my own stickers to go with this chapter.


The chapter looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I slip protective sheets under both pages and then I paint the pages with Dala Acrylic Gesso.


Once dry, the pages look like this.


I then pull some pictures off the internet that I would like to use.


I print this on label stickers.


MS Word is set up to work with all of the Tower labels and prodcuts and very simple to use.


I printed the 'sticker' sheet which I intended to use over the course of the next three chapters in my Bible.


I spritzed the pages with water.


I then paint the pages with Dala Acrylic Ink. The water thins the paint slightly, so that the colour is less intense. I used Sepia colour.


I cut the first stickers apart in two simple strips, as these listed various skin diseases.


The remainder of the stickers were fussy-cut from the label.


My completed layout.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/VX8bL5UsOhg


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment