Search This Blog

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Bible Journaling - Leviticus 11 & 12

Leviticus 11 deals with food, specifically what animals were to be considered clean to eat, and which ones were not. Chapter 12 deals with purification ceremonies to be performed after childbirth. I opted to focus on the food aspect of the first chapter for my journaling. I opted to decoupage a cheff onto my page and then I stencilled some more food symbols onto the remainder of the page.


Leviticus 11 and 12 look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I have been given two bottles of Clear Gesso to test for use in Bible Journaling, by a local company who intends to produce and market it. I had already done extensive testing on both of these products and found it very suitable for journaling, with 'test sample 5' being slightly better than 'test sample 6.' I decided it was time to test these in the Bible on the thin paper. In the last jounal entry, I not only did the normal Bible Study and illustrations, but I also put test sample 6 to practical use. These two pages follow on the test pages and are accordingly also treated with Sample 6.


The Clear Gesso would eventually be marketed in these bottles and I was able to update the blog before it was published. It is being marketed as Dala Acrylic Gesso.


This is what the pages look like when the gesso is dry.


By the time I return to the pages, I have already done the previous chapter and my pages now look like this.


I colour the image in the right margin of the Inspire Praise Bible with some Neon and Metallic pens I have.


I spritz some water over the pages.


I then paint the damp pages with Dala Acrylic Ink. The water thins the ink so that the colour is slightly less vibrant. I am careful not to paint over my existing images or colouring as some inks can be reactivated with water.


I will be using one of the chefs on this serviette. I remove the backig paper from the serviette.


I cut out the chef I wish to use.


I cover the area where I wish the chef to go with Dala Acrylic Gesso.


I then lay the chef in place before painting over it with the Dala Acrylic Gesso.


I then choose the use the symbols on this stencil to stencil onto the page.


I use a sponge dauber to stencil Tim Holtz Distress ink onto the page.


The completed pages look like this.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/0maS9i2rYDM


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment