Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Bible Journaling - Leviticus 21 & 22

Leviticus 21 and 22 gives a set of instructions and directives for the priests to follow. It is clear, when reading through these chapters, that these were a group of people set apart from the rest. They were held to a higher standard. Chapter 22 concludes with some additional information regarding offerings and sacrifices, before stating the reason for these instructions:
“You must faithfully keep all my commands by putting them into practice, for I am the Lord. 32 Do not bring shame on my holy name, for I will display my holiness among the people of Israel. I am the Lord who makes you holy. 33 It was I who rescued you from the land of Egypt, that I might be your God. I am the Lord.”
When journaling this page, I use both the Go Foil & Emboss, as well as the Go Cut & Emboss machines.


The pages look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible when I start.


I prepare my pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


Once dry, the pages look like this.


I will be using four stamp pads by Ranger Archival Ink, to ink the backgrounds of the pages.


I simply drag the ink pads down the pages, one colour at a time.


I then gather a selection of dies to use on the pages. In the end, not all of these made it onto the pages, though. The dies are by Couture Creations.


I wish to journal the words 'Set Apart' on these pages to illustrate how the priests were to be held to a higher standard than the rest of the nation. I lay my letters on masking tape so that they won't slide around.


The I set the cutting edge of the dies to face the paper I will be cutting out, with a sheet of foil added in between.. This is placed on the metal plate.


I place everything, including some of the butterfly dies, in my Go Foil & Emboss machine. I switch it on to heat up. I use the heat activated foils by Couture Creations for this.


I then transfer everything to my Go Cut & Emboss machine and run it through the machine.


It comes out looking like this.


Finally it looks like this.


My butterflies came out looking like this, but I decided that I liked the foil that was pulled away and meant to be discarded, as much as the actual butterflies. I decided to keep these and to try to use them in my Bible as well.


I used Dala Craft Glue to glue the embellishments to my pages.


I only stuck the bodies of the butterflies down, so that their wings could lift of the page, so one could read underneath it. In a sense, these butterflies then become something akin to tip-ins.


My completed pages.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/fhfsgcqOtko


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment