Search This Blog

Tuesday 13 August 2019

Bible Journaling - Leviticus 8

Leviticus tells the story of how Aaron and his sons had been ordained for their tasks. This was a ceremonious affair that involved the whole community. I loved how everyone was included and invited to this ceremony and this is what I focused my journaling on. I was equally impressed with how Moses followed God's instructions to the letter, so that we have the repeated words 'just as the Lord had commanded them.' Just as with the previous page, I decide to stick to some very simple stamping for today's blog. In both of these cases I had a beautiful vellum page that already brought colour to the layout and I could therefore keep my journaling very simple.


Leviticus 8 looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I have been given two bottles of Clear Gesso to test for use in Bible Journaling, by a local company who intends to produce and market it. I had already done extensive testing on both of these products and found them very suitable for journaling, with 'test sample 5' being slightly better than 'test sample 6.' I decided it was time to test these in the Bible on the thin paper. In today's jounal entry, I not only do the normal Bible Study and illustrations, but I also put test sample 6 to practical use. I therefore lather the two pages in Test Sample 6. This page precedes the actual pages I would be conducting the experiments on. I do not prep the velum page with the Clear Gesso.


The Clear Gesso would eventually be marketed in these bottles and I was able to update the blog before it was published. The product is being marketed as Dala Clear Gesso.


When the gesso is dry, the page looks like this.


I use a black marker and ruler to underline the words that had so impressed me: 'just as the Lord had commanded them.'


I then to stamp the images of people feintly on the page to illustrate that everyone had been included. I use my fondant cutters as stamps as these images lend themselves beautifully to this task.


I use a Crystal Craft Ink Pad to stamp the images with.


The lines are very feint, but that is good, as I do not want the text on the page to become illegible.


I use a Mont Marte Adult Colouring Marker to highlight the other passage that spoke to me on this page: '...and call the entire community of Israel together at the entrance of the Tabernacle.'


I choose to add a singel word to the page, using W&M stamps.


The word I add is 'Included.'


I then use this stamp set by Kaizer Crafts to decorate the page with.


I stamp the word Thank You! and some vines on the page.


I then use Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Barn Door to add splashes of red.


I stamp some red hearts on the page.


Leviticus 8 continues on the next page. These pages had already been prepped for the experiments with the clear gesso. When I get to them, they look like this.


In this part of the chapter we learn that Aaron and his sons were not allowed to leave the tabernacle until the seven days of the ordination ceremony had been completed. They were to remain there. I choose to illustrate this by drawing a tent with a sleeping mat and pillow and front of it. I use Sharpie Markers, ProMarkers and a fountain pen for this.


I add shadows inside the tent with a Mont Marte Adult Colouring Duo Marker.


This is what the page looks like when I am done with it.


I turn back to the page I had focused today's journaling on.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/Z4t5_5Ah9t0


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment