Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 August 2019

Bible Journaling - Leviticus 1, 2 & 3

Leviticus 1, 2 and 3 deals with various offerings to the Lord. There are a number of things in these chapters that appeal to me, such as how God made provision for the priests in His service and so on. However, the aspects of the chapters that I decided to focus on for the purposes of my journaling, are the offers that had to be burnt on the altar as His part. Repeatedly, the words 'a pleasing aroma to the Lord' features in these chapters. For this reason, I decided to use the image of a bottle of perfume in my illustration. I use a serviette, from which I cut pictures in this Bible entry. I show you (once more) how to decoupage with serviettes inside your Bible.


Leviticus 1, 2 and 3 look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


Still not having replenished my Zellen Clear Gesso, I once again resort to treating the pages to Dala Acrylic Gel Medium.


When dry, the pages look like this.


I use some Faber Castell Pitt Pens and other markers to colour the illustration in the margin and at the top of the page.


I continue my colouring with Sharpies, Giotto's and other pens.


When I am done, the pages look like this.


I slip some protective sheets under the pages to protect the rest of the Bible.


I dilute some Faber Castell Gelatos in water, inside some spray bottles.


I spritz some orange on my pages.


Then I spritz some green on the background of my pages.


This is the serviette I will be using on these pages.


I start by removing the backing of the serviette.


Then I carefully cut out the pictures of one quarter of the serviette.


Zellen has sent me a sample of their Matt Gel medium to test for use in Bible Journaling. I decide to use this to decoupage the serviette with.


I lather some of the medium onto the page where I want the picture to go.


Then I carefully put the picture on the wet medium, avoiding creases as much as possible.


I lather another layer of the Matt Gel Medium on top of the serviette.


If you make sure not too use a very bright serviette, you should still be able to read the words behind the serviette. Be careful to avoid serviettes that do not have a white background and that has very vivid colours.


The completed layout for these two pages.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/OD_e9R6KOUw


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment