Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Bible Journaling - Exodus 39

In the second last chapter of Exodus, the clothing is made for the priests. At the end of the chapter, Moses inspects the work and yet another type of inventory is taken in this book. I opted to journal this page in the colours that keeps on repeating in the chapter, namely blue, purple and red. I also drew a golden cord to frame the page in, as this item repeats itself in the chapter. I then stamped and coloured some items of clothing onto the page, before ending it with some paper circles which I turned into buttons. I a still sticking to easy methods of journaling that can be replicated by anyone.


Exodus 39 looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I start to seal the pages with Zellen Clear Gesso, but run out of this medium. The 300 ml bottle has lasted me just short of two long Bible books. I use Dala Acrylic Gel Medium to seal the pages completely.


The pages look like this once the mediums are dry.


I slip some protective sheets under the pages to protect the rest of the Bible.


I will be using Dala Acrylic Ink on the backgrounds.


I mist the pages with water so that I can dilute the ink on the pages.


I then paint the three colours across the two pages.


I wait for the ink to dry before drawing a curvy line around the pages.


I draw a second curvy line intersecting the first at intervals.


I fill the gaps with diagonal lines. I use a golden Rolfes Metallic Marker for this.


I the find these cake decorating tools to use as stamps.


I colour the stamps with the Rolfes marker.


Then I mist the ink with water.


Then I stamp the image onto the Bible.


The result.


I cover the page with stamps.


I then decided to use Croxley Twistable crayons to colour with, but the mediums that I painted onto the pages, resisted the crayons.


I was left with a bit of a mess, even after blending.


I then turned to my Gelatos from Faber Castell.


These covered the areas better.


I blended the Gelatos with a wet wipe.


I had these circles in my stash, stamped from home-made papers.


I used Tombow glue to glue them onto my page.


Then I used Sharpie marker to add 'holes' to the buttons.


I used an Artline marker and a white gel pen to add highlights and shadows to the butttons.


The completed layout. In hidsight, I wish I had stopped before colouring the stamped images.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/lHbjPAdxBgw


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment