Search This Blog

Friday 19 July 2019

Bible Journaling - Exodus 35

Today's Bible Journaling blog is a slight change in approach. It was recently brought to my attention that some of my blogs may appear to be slightly daunting to people who are new to Bible Journaling, and who do not consider themselves to be artistic. With this in mind, I have set myself the challenge of creating a blog that looks great, but requires no artistic ability, using cheaper materials which are widely available. I created this layout with paint markers and acrylic ink and even though the final product make it seem as if you need to be artistic, the step by step instructions prove otherwise. I invire you to journal Exodus 35 with me. The chapter is slightly repetative of some of the previous chapters, dealing with the construction of the tabernacle and the appointment of the craftsmen. Still, it is a very good summative chapter.


Exodus 35 looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I seal the pages with Zellen Clear Gesso.


The pages look like this when I am ready to start the journaling process.


Slip some protective sheets behind the pages you are working on. I have cut a silicone cutting mat in half for this purpose, as it is thin, yet sturdy.


I use Dala Acrylic Ink and a soft brush. I used Cyan for my pages.


I do not wish the blue to be too dark and therefore I spritz some water on the ink to extend it, rather than dipping my brush into the ink too often. I simply cover the whole page with the ink.


Allow the ink to dry completely before continuing.


I use a white Mungiyo Paint Marker to draw four simple petal leaves on the page. I then add two more of these simple flowers down the margin. Then I draw three similar flowers down the other margin.


With all of the flowers drawn, I colour them white with the same marker.


I use a yellow Pentel Paint Marker to colour the centres of the flowers. I also draw a short yellow line up one side of each petal and a longer yellow line up the opposite side of each petal.


I use a green paint marker to draw random curvy lines connecting the flowers at the centres. I also allow some green lines to trail off. Then I draw some very simple green leaves onto the green lines.


I do not own a red paint marker and therefore used my red Sharpie. You can use any red marker for this step. I placed random red dots along the green vines. I also touched the petals with red at the tips of the petals, as well as at the bases of the petals. I used the green marker to add a tiny comma to the centres of each of the flowers.


I then used my black Faber Castell True Gel Pen to draw a thin black line to one side of the vines, as well as inside the leaves. You can use any black pen for this.


My layout is done in next to no time.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/Qq3vEv9FQBs


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment