Search This Blog

Friday 12 July 2019

Bible Journaling - Exodus 29

Exodus 29 deals with the dedication and ordination of the priests to the service of God. A number of burnt offerings had to be brought as part of the ceremony involved with the process. I opted to focus on the aspect of the offerings for my journaling of the chapter and took out my spraygun to do so. This would be the first time that I used a spraygun in my Bible and I approached the endevour with a certain degree of trepidation. I show you how I went about it in this step by step blog today.


Exodus 29 look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I seal the pages with Zellen Clear Gesso.


Once dry, the pages look like this.


I use Mont Marte Adult Colouing Duo Markers and a metallic pen to colour the illustration in the margin.


My pages look like this when I am ready to start serious journaling.


I firstly slide blank papers in behind the pages I am working on to protect the rest of the Bible from getting sprayed in the process.


I get my spraygun ready.


I will be using Dala Acrylic Ink in black, yellow, red and white. I will also be thinning the ink slightly with water.


Put some ink in the recepticle and thin it with a squirt of water.


Test the spray on a piece of paper before venturing into the Bible.


Cover the layout with a thin black mist.


It is important to clear the spraygun after each colour. Wash it thoroughly and then fill the tank with water and spray the water to make sure that the gun is clean.


Next I spray the red flames.


I then spray the yellow flames.


Lastly, I spray some white.


I then use Derwent Inktense pencils to draw in the logs. I paint these with water, using a Pentel Aquash brush.


I use the same materials to add definition to the flames.


The completed layout.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/sZP-aoGxBRw


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment