Search This Blog

Saturday 13 July 2019

Bible Journaling - Exodus 30 & 31

Chapters 30 and 31 of Exodus deals with contruction details for the objects to be used in the tabernacle. The second of these chapters, specifically mentions the elected craftsmen by name. I have always been fascinated by this attention to detail. These men have been equipped with the necessary skills and talents for the task at hand - and the task at hand was to build a place worthy of God, where people would be able to draw near to Him. I opted to illustrate these chapters by means of draughtsman's equipment, and show you how I did it in today's blog.


Exodus 30 and 31 look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I seal the pages with Zellen Clear Gesso.


My pages look like this once the gesso is dry.


I use an 8H pencil to draw the draughtsman's tools on the layout.


I will be using Derwent Inktense pencils to add colour to the drawing.


These pencils are intense in colour and I only add the barest minimum of colour to the objects.


I then use a Pentel Aquash Brush to pain the Inktense with water.


I decided to add a pencil to the painting.


I added some shadows.


I also added a background.


I painted everything with water.


I used an Artline marker to add the detail millimetres and degrees to the measuring equipment.


The completed layout.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/d2ttMPplGTo


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment