Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 July 2019

Bible Journaling - Exodus 22 & 23

Exodus 22 and 23 continues with the laws that God had started to communicate to Moses, for the sake of the people. In chapter 22 we find laws governing issues such as protection of property and social responsibility. In chapter 23 the people are warned against the corruption of justice through the acceptance of bribes, three annual festivals are instituted and God promises to send an angel out before the Israelites on their journey, ensuring them of His presence. They are therefore to commit themselves to Him wholeheartedly, putting aside all forms of idolatory. I opted to journal this with three pairs of wings to remind of the promised presence of the angel. I once again lifted out the key ideas in the chapters in words, which I wrote in the margins.


Exodus 22 and 23 look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I prepare the pages with Zellen Clear Gesso.


My pages look like this when the gesso has dried.


I bought these wings in a set and lay them down on my pages. I use a pencil to trace the outlines of the stencils. I find that I need to use a clutch pencil, with the lead extended, to reach inside the small cut-out areas.


I then colour the wings with Rolfes Metallic Markers.


I do my marginal journaling with Faber Castell True Gel Pens.


As a final touch, I add some flower doodles with the gel pens.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/mdlRz98wP4c


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment