Search This Blog

Thursday 25 July 2019

Bible Journaling - Exodus 36 & 37

In Exodus 36 we learn once again that God had appointed two specific craftsmen, along with others, to constuct the temple and its furnishings, including the clothes that were to be worn by the high priest. The buidling and making of these articles is started in chapter 36, and continues in chapter 37. I am still looking for more inexpensive and easy ways that anyone could use to do Bible Journaling and today's blog once again proves that it is possible. I use mainly stickers to decorate this page, focusing on the passage that says that the Israelites had donated enough, so that they needed to be stopped from donating more articles for the building of the tabernacle.


Exodus 36 and 37 look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I use Zellen Clear Gesso to seal the pages.


The pages look like this once the gesso is dry.


I place protective sheets under my pages to prevent mediums from spilling onto the pages below.


I paint the pages with Daler Rowney FW ink in Antelope Brown.


I then distress the edges of the pages with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.


I want to use these rub-on stamps as borders.


I do not want a straight border and subsequently I start on a diagonal line.


I then lift the sticker and change direction. I keep doing this until I am satisfied with the result.


This is what it looked like when I was done with the border.


I do a similar border on the opposite page.


I have had this sticker sheet for a very long time. I now finally get to use it as it will represent the article of gold (and silver) that the Israelites had donated for the building of the tabernacle and its accessories.


I test the layout of my stickers. However, the clear gesso prevents the stickers from adhering to the page.


I glue the stickers down with Tombow glue.


I use a Mont Marte Adult Colouring Marker to highlight the text I am lifting out.


The completed layout.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/XF49bIeUmEo


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of the distressed ink and use of stickers! I really appreciate how you detail out each step

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Good to hear the effort is appreciated. :-)

      Delete