Search This Blog

Sunday 13 October 2019

Bible Journaling: Numbers 6

Numbers 6 is a chapter on dedication. It is the chapter in the Bible where we learn from the Nazirite laws. A Nazirite was someone who had dedicated themselves to the Lord, usually for a specified period of time, but sometimes for their whole lives. The most familiar Nazirite in the Bible, was Samson, although his story only follows in the book of Judges. This chapter makes for interesting reading along with Samson's story, as it helps us to understand why certain of his actions would have been forbidden for him, even though we can find no fault with it. Numbers 6 ends on a priestly blessing which is absolutely beautiful. I show you how I highlighted the main ideas of this chapter in my journaling, in today's blog. This chapter also marks my 100th Bible Journaling journey!


The chapter looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I treat my pages with Dala Acrylic Clear Gesso.


Once dry, they look like this.


I colour the illustration in the left margin with Mont Marte Colour Brush Markers.


I decided to lift out one of the verses that appealed to me. I used a golden Gelly Roll Pen for this.


This is what the underlined passage looked like when I was done with it. It is verses 24-26, the priestly blessing.
‘May the Lord bless you
and protect you.
May the Lord smile on you
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord show you his favor
and give you his peace.’

I coloured the whole background very roughly with Faber-Castell Gelatos.


I used the pale purple Fig colour.


I then used a wet wipe to blend the Gelatos.


I used some shiny Washi Tape to create a border in the right margin.


I decided to make my favourite verse stand out even more. I used a Mont Marte Dual Tip Marker to draw and colour a heart over the verse.


I then decided to use a stencil by W&M to write the word Dedicated, referring to the Nazirites.


I used the same marker from before to stencil with.



My Bible came with these pretty stickers in an envelope in the back of the Bible.


I coloured them with Mont Marte markers.


I keep these handy to add as finishing touches to pages. Today's pages would give me such an opportunity.


I would use the butterfly and most of the smaller flowers.


The completed pages.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/mSKEtbLH1WM


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment