Search This Blog

Thursday 24 October 2019

Bible Journaling: Numbers 13

Today we read Numbers 13 in my journaling Bible. It is the well-known chapter where Moses sends out the twelve scouts to go and explore the promised land, Canaan. When they come back, they all praise the produce of the land, but only two of them had not become discouraged by the people of the land, Joshua and Caleb. When journaling this chapter, I had to wonder how often I have not missed out on seeing God's promises for my own life fulfilled because I had allowed myself to become discouraged by the influence of the people I surrounded myself with. I kept the journaling very simply, using the shape of the stamp pads to shape the flower petals and drawing in details with markers. I aimed at depicting the beauty of the land with the flowers.


This is what the page looks like in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I leave the pretty velum page as is and treat the left-hand page with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


Once dry, the page looks like this.


I use and Artline marker to underline a verse that speaks to me. The verse is verse 33:
We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak. Next to them we felt like grasshoppers, and that’s what they thought, too!”

I use a VersaMagic Stamp pad to shape the petals of the flowers, stamping with the stamp pad itself.


A closer view of the stamping.


Here you can see the shape of the stamp pad more clearly.


I then used a Mont Marte Dual Tip Adult Colouring Marker to draw the vines and leaves between the flowers.


I used a differen colour ink and a sponge dauber to create the centres of the flowers.


Then I filled in some details with a dark pink marker.


The completed page.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/vhpewY674c0


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment