Search This Blog

Wednesday 2 October 2019

Bible Journaling: Numbers 1 & 2

Numbers starts off with extensive lists. At first, we encounter the lists numbering the troops, per tribe. Then, in Chapter 2, we find an organization of the camp, specifying where each tribe were to set up camp. We again encounter the same leaders and numbers as in the Chapter 1, making this somewhat repetitive. One thing is certain, one can not help but come to the conclusion that the whole camp and the movement of this large number of people, was a very organized affair. Clearly, God took a keen interest in the detail, as further exploration of the book will continue to prove.


This is what Numbers 1 & 2 look like in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I treat the surface of the pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


When the Gesso has dried, the pages look like this.


I colour the illuststration with Mont Marte Adult Colouring Markers.


I wet a pallette with watercolour pans.


I paint the background with watercolours and then wait for it to dry.


Discovering that the watercolours had washed out my markers ever so slightly, I decided to colour it again, but this time I also used a golden Metallic pen to add some highlights to the text.


I opted to use a clear border sticker that a friend had given me, on the opposite page in the wide margin.


I had to crop the sticker to make it fit.


I added some more stickers from the collection my friend had gifted me.


In no time at all, my page layout was complete.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/NLrcXMzjtZs


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment