Search This Blog

Saturday 26 October 2019

Bible Journaling: Numbers 15

Numbers 15 opens with a list of sacrifices that are to be brought to the Lord, once the Israelites settle in Canaan. Then follows some steps to be taken if these regulations were to be neglected. Note how differentiation is made between intentional and unintentional sins/neglect. After this, the people are reminded to always keep the Sabbath. Then the chapter ends with instructions for the Israelites to wear tassels on their clothing, attached with blue cord. This was to serve as a visual reminder to keep God's commands. Being a teacher, I was thrilled with this memory jerker that the people were given and it reminded me of our own visual cues that we use in this modern era, to remind ourselves to do things. Of course, we use sticky notes. For this reason, I included a number of these modern-day sticky notes in my journaling.


This is what the chapter looks like in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I treat the pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


When I am ready to start journaling the pages, it looks like this.


I have a number of smaller stamp sets that have the words remember, memory, or reminder on them. I pull all of these out.


A friend had also sent me this beautiful collection of sticky notes from Holland, a couple of years ago. I have been treasuring them, but this seemed an appropriate time to put them to good use.


This is what the sticky notes look like on the inside.


I use Mont Marte Dual Tip Adult Colouring Markers to highlight a favourite passage. It is verses 37-41:
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Give the following instructions to the people of Israel: Throughout the generations to come you must make tassels for the hems of your clothing and attach them with a blue cord. When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commands of the Lord instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do. The tassels will help you remember that you must obey all my commands and be holy to your God. I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt that I might be your God. I am the Lord your God!”

I use Chiswick stamp mounts to mount my stamps on and a VersaMagic stamp pad.


To make sure the sticky notes are more permanent than they are designed to be, I attach them with double-sided tape.


Then I stamp onto the sticky notes.


I also stamp a frame onto the page.


Then I stamp a word into the frame.


I do some writing on other words, using Croxley Milky Pens.


I even do some decorative stamping underneath the sticky notes as an added surprise to whoever pages through the Bible.


Then I stamp some symbols related to notes and letters as thematic decorations.


Finally I use blue pens to draw some tassels in the margin. One pen is a Croxley Milky Pen and the other is a Croxley Glitter Gel Pen.


The completed pages look like this.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/VQDDEdKQEqo


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment