Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 August 2017

The greatest calling


Last night I dreamed I went to You
to see what You would have me do,
and as I stood there in Your sight,
I was awestruck by Your splendid might.

I realized then what I did not know,
that You did not need me to bend the bow,
to defend Your honour and Your Name
to those who brought it discredit and shame.

I thought You’d need me to say something,
to let the heavens with praises ring,
but again I seemed to get it wrong,
for the angels were already singing that song.

I then looked down at my hands and feet,
to look for something there You might need,
but You smiled and only shook Your head,
dismissing me to return to bed.

I did not want to let it go,
promptly insisting on letting You know
that I had worth that I could bring to You,
that there was loads that I could do.

You smiled and told me to get some rest,
that You knew I always gave You my best.
You then bent down to find my ear,
whispering something I desperately needed to hear.

You did not need my words or deeds
to fill man’s seemingly bottomless needs;
You created me to be loved by You,
and to love You back was the best I could do.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys).

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment