Search This Blog

Thursday 15 June 2017

End of the line


Father, is there an end to all this sorrow?
Dare I still hold hope out for tomorrow?
Is there a chance that you will hear me
and restore me to where I should be?
I have been holding on tenaciously
in expectant faith that You would see
that I’ve refused to waver or submit
to the pressure under which I sit.
Still I wait, but my strength’s replete
and soon I shall have to admit defeat,
but once more I will turn to You
to find if there’s more that I can do.
All that time ago, did I hear You wrong
so that this is not the place that I belong?
I do not have the answers for this plight,
and I have grown weary of the fight.
I pray that You would bring me peace
so that the turmoil in me could cease.

But dare I ask You for even more?
Dare I ask that You would restore
me to my rightful position and place,
for people think I’ve lost Your grace.
They do not realize how much we speak,
think my circumstances made me weak.
Yet if they know how my faith has grown,
when hardships and setbacks became my own,
they would not have hefted themselves up
to mock and ridicule my life’s drained cup.
I do not say they’d have wanted the same,
for this is a cup none would willingly claim,
but Father, I too have had my fill
and wonder if this could still be Your will.
None could have waited more patiently,
for the blessings You promised abundantly,
yet, I will not charge You with being late,
and if it’s not time yet, then I will wait.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys).

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment