Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 June 2017

Accounts are due


If the day’s hours had but one
I would spend it with Your Son
I would use my dying breath
to grab at Life when facing death.

But I have more than just an hour,
before at death’s door, I too shall cower,
and with endless opportunities
I waver to sort through my priorities.

A little more thrill is what I seek
finding the faithful life too bleak
wishing to add my own shaded hue
before the final account is due.

But, alas, the time had rushed me by
found me still at it, as it came time to die
The last hour never sounded the alarm
to warn of my soul’s immortal harm.

As I stand before the judgement seat,
it’s a long list of accusations I must beat
My accuser seems to have come prepared
and the truth of it has got me scared.

Yet, I seem to have a Lawyer present
and His prepared defence is descent,
yet it makes me cringe deep inside
when I hear the crux of His diatribe.

My innocence is eloquently proclaimed
when yet another accused is to be named
and into the docks steps One delivered
to have my guilt on Him transferred.

They point to the blood found on His hands
to show the price that justice demands
and then my guilt is clearly denounced
as His guilty verdict is announced.

More innocent blood has never been shed
than when the Son of God gave Himself instead
and as I stood to receive my innocent sentence
I knew that God had accepted my repentance.

When Jesus caught my eyes before that court,
I knew the measure of my God’s resort,
I knew His unhesitating love and sacrifice
and I understood why He had paid the price.

But if I could go back one single day
there is so much I would wish to say
I’d wish to warn you to make life count
to tell you where True Life is to be found.

Do not waste away your days
in frivolous and worldly ways,
but honour His life in your own
for it is but a temporary loan.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys).

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great products, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making PRETTY things.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs to receive regular updates by email, by simply registering your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment