Search This Blog

Friday 13 September 2019

Bible Journaling: Leviticus 26

Leviticus 26 is another one of those chapters in the Bible that I absolutely love. It reads like a contract between God and mankind. The chapter opens with a series of blessings that will absolutely come into being for those who are obedient to God's decrees. However, there are consequences for their actions, if people are to follow their own heads and disobey God. These are listed in the later part of the chapter. The Inspire Praise Bible once again has an awesome illustration filling one whole page of this chapter. I simply coloured this, tinted the background of the pages and added some elegant stenciling and stamping to the right hand page's margin, to complete the journaling for this particular chapter.


The pages look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I treat the pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


Once dry, the pages look like this.


I then use a series of markers to colour the illustration on the left hand page with: Mont Marte, TouchWood and MingYun.


I use a metallic pen to outline the journaling.


Then I use the brush tip of a Mont Marte marker to colour the background of both pages.


The pages then looked like this.


I used a stencil and Tim Holtz Distress ink to stencil a background very feintly over the text of the page, using a sponge dauber.


I lay the stencil flat on the page and lightly touch the inked dauber to it.


This is what the image looks like when I lift the stencil away.


I highlight a favourite verse in the text, which is the one that ends the giving of the law, the last verse in the chapter.


I then find some stencils by Couture Creations that I can use on the page, along with my VersaMagic Ink Pad in Midnight Black.


I mount the stamps on a block by Chiswick.


The completed layout.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/Vfkxe7I3iRc


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment