Search This Blog

Friday 6 September 2019

Bible Journaling: Leviticus 24

Leviticus 24 starts off with a passage about the use of pure oil and holy bread in the tabernacle service, reiterating the fact that God is a holy God. Then the chapter moves into a series of punishments for various offences. A number of these punishments take the form of capital punishment. I decided to keep the journaling for this chapter very muted in shades of black and grey. I then added a little bit of rose gold colour to the stamping, with die cut elements. I did not wish to detract from the seriousness of the message contained in this chapter.


Leviticus 24 looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I prepare the pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


The pages look like this when dry.


I use watercolours to paint the background a light shade of grey.


I have to wait for the paint to dry, but my pages then look like this.


I use these alphabet Mini Dies by X-Cut to cut the words Capital Punishment.


Some letters will need to be run through again as I need more of them.


I run the letters through the Go Cut & Emboss Machine.


They come out looking like this.


These are the letters I need to run through a second time.


I also cut the letters from rose gold cardboard.


The full sets of letters look like this.


I use Dala craft glue to stick down the shadow letters.


I then use the same glue to stick down the decorative letters off-centre from the shadow letters.


I select some Mini Dies by Couture Creations to use on the page.


These are also run through the Go Cut & Emboss machine in rose gold cardboard.


I glue the die cuts to the Bible with Dala Craft Glue.


I use this set of stamps by Clear Stamps, along with VersaMagic ink in Midnight Black.


I use a Chiswick mount to stamp with.


The completed pages in my Bible.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/hUyK02oJ-GI


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment