Search This Blog

Thursday 5 September 2019

Bible Journaling - Leviticus 23

Leviticus 23 deals with the feasts that God had appointed to be held. I opted to keep these pages very simple. I stamped the backgrounds with my Ink Stains in Christmas Colours, to link the festivals to the Christian calendar. Then I simply used stamps to embellish the borders of the pages, attempting to link the stamps to the various festivals mentioned in the chapter.


Leviticus 23 looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I prepare the pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


Once the gesso is dry, the pages look like this.


I will be using the Tim Holtz Distress Stains on the background. These come with a sponge dauber in the top.


I dot the background in the stains.


Then I daub the pages with a serviette to tone the bright colours down.


My pages look like this when I'm done.


I now use this set of Clear Stamps with a VersaMagic stamp pad in Midnight Black.


I will also be using these stamps by Creative talents.


Here is another stamp set I will be making use of.


And I will also be using this stamp set by Chiswick.


Another stamp set I will be using, is this one by K-Craft.


I stamp the images to indicate festivities, the Sabbath, Passover and the Festival of Unleavened Bread, Celebration of the First Harvest, Festival of the Harvest, Festival of the Trumpets, the Day of Atonement, and the Festival of the Shelters.


My candles appeared to frail when compared to the other stamps and I decided to colour these stamps. I used TouchWood markers to colour the stamped image with.


The completed layout.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/DVlMegRZuOQ


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment