Search This Blog

Friday 22 November 2019

Bible Journaling: Numbers 28 & 29

In Numbers 28 we find a repetition and summary of the different offerings that the Israelites were to bring to the Lord. There are daily, weekly (Sabbath) and monthly offerings. Then there are also the offerings to be brought at the different festivals; Passover, Harvest, and continued in chapter 29, the festivals of Trumpets, the Day of Atonement, and the Festival of Shelters. As these chapters were slightly repetitive of what I've covered in previous passages, I decided to simply decorate the pages by decoupaging some serviettes (napkins) into the Bible. These were originally black on white, but I decided to add some colour to them to make it a little more interesting.


The chapters look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I treat the pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


Once dry, the pages look like this.


This is the napkin I will be using in the Bible.


Remove the backing paper from the napkin, so that you work with a single sheath of very thin paper.


I cut out the designs I wished to use.


I then painted a layer of gesso in the Bible, where I wished the napkin to go.


I lay the napkin on the wet gesso and then I painted another layer of gesso over the napkin.


Once dry, I cropped the overhanging edges of the napkin.


I then scribbled over everything with a Faber-Castell Gelatos stick.


I spritzed the pages with water.


I used a dry make-up sponge to blend the gelatos on the pages.


I then used Derwent Inktense pencils to colour the designs on the serviette.


Initially, I simply coloured very roughly.


I then used a Pentel Aquash Brush to paint over the pencil and added more colour.


A close-up shot of the colouring.


The completed pages.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/DDv8G0jVSuw


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment