Search This Blog

Monday 11 November 2019

Bible Journaling: Numbers 21

We have reached Numbers 21 on our Bible Journaling journey and the chapter opens on a victorious note, with the people of Israel gaining a conclusive victory over their enemies in the Negev. However, the chapter then makes an about turn when the same people once more begins to grumble against God, because they found the journey to be too long. They complain because of lack of food and drink, no longer finding the manna that God provides on a daily basis good enough. God then sends poisonous snakes against them and lots of people die in the process. It is only when Moses makes a replica of a bronze snake, and lifts it up on a pole, that the people are healed, who look towards the snake. Then they traveled on to Beer, where God provided water from a spring. In the last part of the chapter, they traveled on and were attacked by the Amorites, but again they had a decisive victory over the enemy. I focused on the story of the snakes for my journaling of this chapter.


The chapter looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I treat the pages with Dala Clear Acrylic Gesso.


When dry, the pages look like this.


I scribble a stick of Faber-Castell Gelatos all over the page.


I then spritz the pages with water.


I use a dry make-up sponge to blend the damp Gelatos.


I have a handful of stickers left from a previous project and decide to use the corner stickers on this page.


I add the stickers to the page. These elements are simply decorative, although the colour is linked to the bronze snake.


When purchasing my printer, I discovered a link to Canon's Creative Park website which has a number of brilliant downloads for free. Among these, is this set of page borders. I downloaded the PDF file and printed the border.


I then scanned the border back into the computer, converting it to a JPEG file, and cutting the single border I wished to use, from the rest of the set. I also found an image of a bronze snake on a pole on the internet, and placed this on the page in Word. All of the images could now be manipulated, copied and resized to fit my needs. I then printed the sheet when I was happy with the display.


I cut the images out.


I used Dala Craft glue to glue the images into the Bible but found that the glue did not lastingly stuck to the Gelatos. I had to go back a couple of days later and glue them again using Tombow glue.


My completed page.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/PZ5fJFACz2A


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment