Search This Blog

Saturday 15 June 2019

Bible Journaling - Exodus 11

Exodus 11 tells the story of the last plague to hit Egypt with the death of all of the firstborn children of the Egyptians. This is a very sad chapter, and especially so as this could so easily have been avoided. I chose to illustrate this chapter by means of an hourglass. Time was running out for the Egyptians and the time was being fulfilled for the Istraelites to see the realization of the promises God had made them.


Exodus 11 looks like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I cover the vellum page and coat the paper page with Zellen Clear Gesso.


The pages look like this once the gesso has dried.


I decide to complete the colouring of the vellum page. I use Mont Marte Adult Colouring Duo Markers to colour on the vellum. I start on the beehive.


Then I colour the bees.


I colour the branch with its leaves.


I move on to the flowers in the left bottom corner.


Then I colour the flowers in the right bottom corner.


Finally I add colour to the honeycomb.


My pages now look like this.


My fears may be unjustified, but I am scared that the markers may smudge if left untreated. I spray Artist's Fixative over the vellum page to prevent smudging.


My pages now look like this and it is time to start on the 'blank' page with the text.


I use an HB pencil to draw an hourglass.


I use Derwent Inktense pencils to paint and colour the hourglass.


When I am done, my pages look like this.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/jGrxyuqFnfY


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment