Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Bible Journaling - Genesis 42

In Genesis 42 some of Joseph's earliest dreams come true. His brothers arrive in Egypt, hoping to buy food to take back home. Not recognizing Joseph as the brother they had sold into slavery, they bow before him, just as he had foretold in the dreams he had dreamed and shared with them all those years ago. Joseph imprisons them for three days before sending them back home with food - and all the money they brought with them. He only keeps Simeon in prison in an attempt to force them to return with Benjamin. Upon arriving home, Jacob adamantly refused to risk the life of the last son born from his favourite wife, sacrificing Simeon's liberty in the process. When I journal this chapter, I focus on the long and arduous journey that the brothers had to undertake, as well as the excess that awaited them in Egypt due to Joseph's shrewd planning and management of the country's resources. I walk you step by step through this process in today's blog.


Genesis 42 look like this in the Inspire Praise Bible.


I coat the pages with Zellen Clear Gesso before I start. I have since been given two bottles of Clear Gesso to pretest, before marketing and manufacturing, which are much superior products, but I am not yet at liberty to disclose more on this topic, though I would advise you to keep your eyes peeled in future blogs, as I am very impressed with the results from one of these test samples.


When I return to this chapter, the pages look like this.


I use a pencil to draw a set of silo's on one side of the layout, filling the remainder of the space with a drawing of a desert landscape.


I then use Derwent Inktense pencils to add just a couple of lines of colour to the desert landscape.


I use my Pentel Aqua brush to fill in the colour when I pain the landscape in water.


I then colour the silo's much the same way.


These are also painted with an aqua brush. I use a fine point brush for the lines on the silo's in oder to retain the detail here.


I then colour the sky in a similar vein.


The sky is also painted with an aqua brush.


When I am done, my layout looks like this.


You can watch a short compilation video of the steps above on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/c3mKQmbExFU


Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright 1996, 2005,2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois, 60188. All rights reserved.

Inspire PRAISE South Africa edition copyright 2017 by Christian Art Publishers, PO Box 1599, Vereeniging, 1930, RSA. All rights reserved.

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment