Search This Blog

Sunday 8 October 2017

Knowing God and being known by God


I have a Father and a Friend
Who will love me to the very end,
a God Whose mercy does not cease,
my Source of happiness and peace.

At my birth He knew me well,
and oh, what stories He could tell
of the person I’d grow up to be,
for He knew what He’d vested in me.

He watched me grow and stood at hand
to help me where I struggled to stand,
though I typically would blame Him there,
accusing Him of being unfair.

When time had passed and I looked back,
I had to admit to a more personal lack,
for my Father had never been to blame,
recalling my words brought me to shame.

The years passed by and my faith matured
as I learned that I could trust His word,
and as I learned to trust God more,
I got to know Him like never before.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys)

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment