Search This Blog

Friday 15 September 2017

Jesus took the wheel


Today's poem is a testimony of an actual miracle that I was witness to a little more than a month ago, as I was travelling to my current destination, along with two other people. The driver, for lack of a sensible medical explanation, effectively passed out behind the wheel of the vehicle we were travelling in. The truck veered off the to right, and just as it started to tip into a roll, it would be brought back to the left of the road. This happened three times before I finally realized that the driver next to me had lost control of the vehicle. As I grabbed the steering wheel, I almost let go again, for it was so evident that it was already under Someone else's control.

You have been watching over me,
when there were things I could not see,
dangers that would lurk about,
smoldering embers, quickly put out

Yet, for what You did the other day
I can not find the words to say,
to express my heartfelt gratitude,
for Your protection, so astute

The car veered off the road that day
as it began to heave and sway,
but You held the steering wheel so tight
that I did not even get a fright

I could feel car regain control,
just as I thought it’d start to roll,
and as I grabbed a hold of the wheel,
You were already steering it, I could feel

Then it suddenly dawned on me
what You’d been trying to make me see
as we pulled away from the stop
and Your reassurances came non-stop

You told me that we would safely arrive,
that You would keep us all alive,
and I wondered why You were persisting
when I had no worries over this thing

Then, when the car rolled to a halt
and everyone wondered who was at fault,
I could only bring You heartfelt praise -
my Shepherd is with me, all of my days!

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys)

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment