Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 September 2017

God's approval


It is a very splendid thing
to stand before the King of kings,
to know that He approves of you
and He affirms the things you do.

To bring Him all you’ve done and said
each day before you turn to bed
and hear Him say that you’ve done well,
is better than any words could tell.

But oh! what sadness would be mine
if what I’d done did not seem fine,
if I denied Him by word or deed,
if I had sown corrupted seed.

Yet, my Father smiles down at me
releasing the bonds to set me free
for His burden and yoke is light indeed
and of my guilt He has no need.

It’s in this release that I abide
close to my Father’s loving side,
for it’s a pleasure to serve my King,
a purely joy-filled easy thing.

An original poem by Miekie (Marietjie Uys)

Marietjie Uys (Miekie) is a published author. You can buy my books here:
You can purchase Designs By Miekie 1 here.
Jy kan Kom Ons Teken en Verf Tuinstories hier koop.
Jy kan Kom Ons Kleur Tuinstories In hier koop.
Jy kan Tuinstories hier koop.
You can follow Miekie's daily Bible Study blog, Bybel Legkaart, here in English & Afrikaans.
You may prefer to follow the traveling blog, A Pretty Tourist.
For more crafty ideas and great product reviews, visit A Pretty Talent on Facebook.
If you are in a literary mood, follow Miekie's musings, stories and poetry on A Pretty Author - Miekie.
Remember to keep nurturing your TALENT for making life PRETTY.
You can subscribe to any of these blogs and receive regular updates by email. Simply register your email address at the top of the applicable blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment